All about Secret Conversation in Facebook Messenger
Secret Conversation in Facebook MessengerWe all know that Facebook messages are already secured but Secret Conversations are encrypted from one device to another. After hearing about Secret Conversation feature in Facebook Messenger, the questions that might came in your mind are -:
- What are Secret Conversations requirements?
- What you can send in Secret Conversations?
- How to enable Secret Conversations?
- How to start a Secret Conversation?
- How to Create auto disappearing secret messages?
1. What are Secret Conversations requirements?Secret Conversations are currently available in the Android Facebook Messenger app and on iOS Messenger app. Also, Secret Conversations do not appear on their any website while chatting at www.facebook.com, m.facebook.com or www.messenger.com. Since, these conversations are highly encrypted so they are only visible on the device where you create them and the device the recipient uses to open the conversation.
2. What you can send in Secret Conversations?This time Facebook Encryption imposes certain limitations to the type of messages you send or receive in Secret Conversations.
What you can send? You can send :
What are the limitations? Secret Conversation doesn't support these items :
- Group messages
- Animated GIF s
- Voice or video calling
- Mobile payments
3. How to enable Secret Conversation?
- Launch Messenger (Here i am using android mobile) and tap the "Me" tab at Top-Right most side.
- Select "Secret Conversations".
- Slide Secret Conversations switch to the ON position.
- Tap "Turn On" to enable Secret Conversations on your device or "Cancel" to abort the action.
A prompt will appear says “This will be the only device you can use to send and receive encrypted messages.”
4. How to Start a Secret Conversation?
- Launch Facebook Messenger on your android phone.
- Select the name of the person whom you want to send Secret message (Secret Conversation) or search for particular people.
- Click on the "Thread Details" tab at the Top-Right most side.
- Select "Secret Conversation".
- You are done. New Chat Box with Black Color will appear where you can do Secret Conversation.
5. How to Create auto disappearing secret messages?Messenger allows you to set a timer to have your messages disappear from the chat.
- Launch Messenger and start a new Secret Conversation or tap one of your existing secret chats.
- Type a message and hit the Timer icon as shown in fig..
- Set a timer and choose how long you wish the message to remain visible before it disappears from the conversation, then tap Done.
- Tap the Send button to send your auto-disappearing message. A message in red lets you know that your secret message will disappear after the period of time you just selected has passed.